Building Better Cities
Our product portfolio includes specialty materials and solutions, backed by Building Better Cities commitment to quality and customer service. Explore our range of aggregate, cement and concrete offerings.
What We do
Get a solid base. Sustainably.
Combine the strength of concrete and the permeability of a granular with Stabilia.
Can I improve energy performance?
Design with concrete products and take advantage of thermal mass properties
You can now find us anywhere.
Now, it’s easier to find us in the community closest to your jobsite.
Get in touch with us today.
News & Updates
Read the latest blogs, updates and news.
A merchant cash advance has become an integral part of many small to mid-sized businesses, even those in Canada. In the United States and United Kingdom this advance is referred to in different ways. In Canada, however, it is referred to as an advance on credit. It can be a useful tool for a business owner who needs additional funds between paydays. What is merchant cash advance? Here are some things to know about the nature of merchant cash advances and when they might be helpful.
A merchant cash advance, also known as a merchant cash line, was originally designed as a small lump sum payment to an individual in return for an agreed upon percentage of upcoming credit and debit card sales. The agreement typically stipulated that the business owner could borrow up to a certain amount of money over a certain period of time with the stipulation that interest would accrue on the amount that was not repaid. The interest rate would depend on the credit rating of the borrower. Interest rates have since become more standard in most types of commercial finance in order to assist small businesses meet their funding needs. Most commercial lenders require personal guarantees or a written guarantee from the business owner before offering them a personal guarantee or business loan.
Types of Merchant Cash Advances Small businesses have many options available when it comes to getting a merchant cash advance compared to the small-business loan that is often required for a large purchase such as a building or vehicle. Personal guarantees are common, as is a simple application process that only requires a few forms to complete. Many lenders are now offering “floor” loans where a percentage (usually 20%) of the purchase price goes to the lender, and then the remaining balance goes to the borrower. This type of financing is not offered to all types of small businesses but it is the most common option available for those seeking additional funding.
Interest Rates There are two main factors that will determine the interest rate you are charged when you take out a merchant cash advance. These factors are your credit score and the amount of money you are asking for. Banks and credit card companies base much of their interest rate on your credit score and the amount of credit you have available to you. If you have less than perfect credit, it will make it more difficult for you to get a good rate because you are seen as a higher risk investment. If you have good credit, you will be able to get better rates on your small business loans.
Annual Percentage Rate Or APR This is a prime interest rate for cash advances because it is usually the most significant factor in determining how much you will pay back over the life of the loan. APR is determined based on your credit history and the amount of credit available to you at the time of application. Lenders look at this number and adjust the interest rate according to the amount of risk involved in lending you the money. If your business has a high annual percentage rate, it increases your total amount of interest paid over the life of the loan. The best way to get a low interest rate with these types of loans is to build your credit reputation and your customer base.
Credit Card Factoring When you use a credit card to finance your small business expenses, you are going to have to pay a fee to the credit card company if you use their credit cards to make your purchases. You can avoid this fee by using your own credit card to pay for your business purchases. Credit card Factoring is a way for lenders to provide you with a lump sum amount in order to pay back your small business expenses. In fact, this is the most effective way for them to obtain their money. You multiply the cost of the factoring transaction by the total amount you are paying monthly to the credit card company. This allows you to get your cash advance paid off faster and without having to pay interest.
Your bathroom remodeling is a huge contract and you should ensure that you obtain it right the very first time to avoid having to restart the entire project or avoid costly repairs. As you start to plan and prepare, you should not forget to create plans for your bathroom storage. Usually, house owners forget to think about storage options when renovating the bathroom and then they are designed without a space to shower supplies, put towels, and bathroom essentials. Below are given some of the facts you should consider when it is about storage space and few ways to incorporate storage into your bathroom renovation.
Queries to Expect
When you think about the required space you have with you now, think about what size space you have to work with, who plans to use the bathroom, and what items will be stored. If your space is small, you might want to select a simple design and also ensure that you make a closet space nearby to place your towels. Otherwise, it would be an inconvenience to keep a towel while you take a shower or bath.
Utilize Your Walls
You can make the use of your walls for the purpose of storage. For instance, you can install shelves higher up on the walls, you can add an additional medicine cabinet, and you can line the walls vertically with shelving or cabinet options as well. Another best option is to have a storage area or bookcase built into the wall of the bathroom. In this way, you do not require to compromise any space.
Select the Right Vanity
You should consider selecting a vanity that has a huge range of storage options such as drawers and under the cabinet. In case if you have enough space, go with a larger vanity. You will definitely be happy with your decision later.
When you take a shower, sometimes it becomes difficult to reach out into the cold air to find a soap or shampoo. In that case, it would be a good idea to work shower storage into your bathroom renovation. There are various options for the actual storage and you can prefer to have shelved constructed into the walls of your shower stall or you can also have a tiny, waterproof bookcase into the shower as well.
Personalize Your Bathroom
If you want to customize your bathroom renovation as much as possible, you should consider choosing storage solutions that are customized. For instance, if you prefer to have vertical wall storage, you can go with having a pull-out shelf with a hamper integrated into it, so that everyone can keep their dirty clothes and towels into it. When you decide to have a bathroom renovation, it is the right time to make your bathroom space functional and useable for you. You must consider every option available and then select what is good for you and your family. A Toronto bathroom renovation company will always be there to help you anytime.
The air quality indoors is a matter of grave concern for any home owner. Having fresh air enter your home seems to feel like a luxury to say the least, especially when your air ducts get jammed due to pollution, which is when you know that the time has come to opt for a duct cleaning company in Scarborough.
The reason there is need for fresh air is because otherwise the house becomes stagnant, which is when indoor air pollutant such as dust particles and bacterias begin to circulate inside the HVAC system, causing immense distress and discomfort to you and your family members. This is when you know that the time has come to call in an expert duct cleaning company in Scarborough. When you opt for the services of a good duct cleaning company, they check certain parameters as well as ensure that they leave you with proper clean air ducts. Certain facters a good duct cleaning company in Scarborough will look into are as follows –
- They will ensure that you have a proper air purification system. In case you don’t, they might suggest you to get one or install one, so that you can keep germs and bacteries along with dust particles at bay.
- They will mainly focus on the humidity, because the humidity level in your home has a direct connection with the overall air quality you have indoors. The thing about humidity is that if its levels are too high then there maybe struggle with mildew and mold growth whereas if the levels are too low then there maybe respiratory discomfort or dry skin.
- They will look into the improvement of proper ventilation inside your house. Options to do this include installation of exhaust fans in certain rooms such as kitchen and bathroom. These should have exhaust opening outdoors and not anywhere inside the house so as to improve the ventilation in your home. You could also talk with the experts at any duct cleaning company in Scarborough and ask them about any other proper ventilation methods as this will only work towards the improvement of your air ventilation at home.
- They will look into the carbon monoxide levels inside the house. As is well known, carbon monoxide is a harmful gas and if inhaled in large quantities, can be extremely fatal. Since CO is odourless, you don’t really get the whiff of it unless it reaches dangerous levels.
They will look into the prevention of CO levels, by looking into the proper ventilation of gas burning gadgets and electronics in your home. They will look into the installation of proper CO detectors, in certain critical junctures in your home.
- They might suggest the installation of a whole home fresh air infusion system. This will not only work to flush out the old impure air but will also bring in fresh air. This unit will work to cycle out the old air and then warm up the fresh air and distribute it all throughout the house.
The doors and windows form the backbone of any household. There is always the right point of time when you need to consider the installation of these household elements. Even if the doors are cracked and the windows need repairing, you must act accordingly and call in the experts. It is quite obvious that leaving your doors and windows unattended, will invite more trouble. As a result, for the slightest of change, you can consult windows and Doors Company in Oakville. Here, an instant solution to all your replacing needs is attended to instantly.
When should you think of operating or replacing the doors and windows?
Sometimes, weather conditions can be a major issue that causes trouble. In addition to that, think of the freezing temperatures, during the winter months, which invite frosts, resulting in cracking of the door and window seals. In order to take care of all the faults, it is really necessary that you rely on the summer and spring season to start your repair. Mother Nature will comply with the comfort and ensure that you get your doors and windows fixed smoothly.
Generally, windows and Doors Company in Oakville, consider April and May months to be the best time when any household element can be repaired or replaced. This is because of the flexibility and reliability of temperature and the availability of labor too. Therefore, if you are planning to get any of your household parts repaired, select the time and start on the work.
When to buy windows and doors?
Purchasing doors and windows is a daunting task. You must ensure that there is no compromise on quality here. Since your doors are going to protect your house from external environmental factors, you must take note of the material and construction here. However, the best companies always have a piece of advice for owners.
- The summer months are the best time to get your doors and windows purchased and installed. The weather acts as complete support, allowing the experts to work. Plus, the natural process of heating ensures that the windows get installed properly and easily. It is advised that you get the doors and windows installed on a proper sunny day. This slightly expands the door length and makes installation perfect.
- Secondly, tell your company contractor to work on one window and then go onto the rest. This ensures smooth finishing as well.
Can windows and doors be purchased in the fall season?
You can definitely buy windows and doors in the fall and winter seasons. However, prior to the purchase, you must make sure that you check the quality. Also, slightly heating up the fabric will make an easy installation possible. This will forbid the door sides from internal freezing. Also, it is advised that you talk to your contractor before the process is initiated. You can customize the installation with Windows and Doors Company in Oakville. Thus, take out time to replace and repair the elements significantly with the best service company today!
Wood is a natural, ecological and extremely durable material. It is the only renewable building material by nature. In addition, the transformation of the tree into timber is a process that requires very little energy. The modern spraying techniques used to color wood are, moreover, ecological and respectful of the environment. In the end: Barrie windows are durable products, of constant quality and guaranteed for many years.
The wood is an excellent thermal insulator because it does not vary with changes in temperature. For its part PVC is an inexpensive material and appears in general as the ideal product because it is particularly resistant and highly insulating. It is chosen by the majority of households at present. Aluminum is the fashionable material. It is interesting for large surfaces or sliding doors but its insulation capabilities are very low.
In order to be well equipped, the buyer will also have to pay attention to the type of glazing that he wishes knowing that it is a decisive investment for the durability of the entire Barrie windows. He can then choose between the single glazings, double or tripled to emphasize further sound insulation. The double-glazed argon is 20% higher in insulation to cold than other types of double glazing. It traps heat to ensure total comfort.
- In comparison with other materials, manufacturing as the damage of Barrie windows require a very low energy requirement.
- The use of wood in the construction is neutral concerning the CO2 balance – no unnecessary waste.
- Wood is part of natural materials, easily recyclable.
- Our wood profiles are treated according to the latest technologies, with products protecting the environment.
- The temperature on the surface is pleasant; the Barrie windows are pleasant to the touch.
- Proper maintenance allows a very long life.
- Wooden windows allow different forms.
- They provide more security in case of fire because they stay in place longer.
- Wood is a natural material and transmits a pleasant and warm atmosphere.
- They keep their shape and their size, even by great differences of heat.
- Measurements of wood carpentry remain relatively stable, even in times of significant temperature change.
- Wood windows are protected from pollution by surface treatments.
- The range of wood windows is very wide because we use different woods and dyed.
- Historical monuments often call for wooden windows.
- No accumulation of electrostatic energy is possible.
Other advantages of wood
- Allows fully custom achievements, comes in all styles and colors possible and gives an intimate character and a warm atmosphere.
- Provides long-lasting protection against pests, UV rays and harsh weather conditions.
- Allows easy maintenance as long as you choose suitable petrol with as few ribs as possible.
- Naturally regulates moisture and heat and guarantees excellent thermal and sound insulation.
- Provides high fire safety: low thermal conductivity and carbonization of wood retard flames.
- Excellent thermal and sound insulation
- Excellent value
- Aesthetically very elegant
- Natural and renewable material
- Allows partial restorations